Best Student Section in the “517”

Other schools try, but they just can’t top us

It is August 26th, 2021. Not only are the Lumen Christi Titans jumping back into the swing of things on the school side, but also in football. The varsity Titans take on New Lothrop in their first game and home opener of the season. Spirits are high as the student section takes on an LC theme to cheer up the boys. Seniors Tayah Broughman, Lily Beebe, and Kavin Kenndedy take the stake of leading up the chants. Juniors and underclassmen follow the lead.

This non-conference season opener may have proven to be the toughest matchup for the Titans but that did not stop them. The games this evening were delayed due to humidity and heat making the conditions even harder. By the end of the first half, the Titans were up 14-7. A closer game than they would like, Derrick Walker came out with a statement starting in the second half. He scored a 25-yard touchdown to lead the Titans 21-7.

New Lothrop was not done yet though. They answered with a 70-yard touchdown pass to keep them in the game. By this time, the student section amped it up a bit. Waving the flag and cranking the volume on the speaker got everyone hyped up. As the sun went down, the weather seemed more bearable making everything a bit more enjoyable.The final score ended up being 27-14, the Titans taking home their very first win of the season with many more to follow.