The student news site of Lumen Christi Catholic School

Titan Times

Titan Times

Titan Times

Lumen Christi joins the Catholic High School League

Changing leagues will not change how we play

Lumen Christi Highschool has left the interstate 8 and joined the Catholic Highschool League. The Catholic League voted for us to join them on 9/13/22. According to Mlive they said that we have been looking for a conference change for awhile. We have been in the Interstate 8 since 2014 and have played in it until this year. I think the new league will be good for all of our football team. It will help us build a strong competitive mindset. These new teams are going to be hard but we can do it. Mr. Brown says “I think it’s going to be a great fit for us,” Lumen Christi athletic director Jesse Brown said. “I think the competitiveness in sports is there, not that the I-8 wasn’t because obviously it’s a very competitive league. We’ve got the competitiveness in sports which fills that. On top of that the faith-based part of it.’’

This is not just a great on field experience for our athletes but also a great off field one as well. We get to go to the rosary at Ford field. Mr. brown says “They get to be able to part of a rosary at the beginning each season where they bring in teams,’’ Mr. Brown said. ‘And then just prayer before every game and after. Not that we cant do that when we bring other schools here, but when they get to do that together is a really neat impact of what we do and its right on mission.’’ Now we get to pray before games together not just us. This is a very great experience for the Titans not just as athletes but as people as well.

This new league is gonna help our athletes become better on the field and off it. It doesn’t just make you a better player, it will make you a better person and become closer to your Faith in God. We have played these types of teams before and it benefits us to play these types of teams almost all season because we don’t get a break. Its gonna be good team after good team and we have to be ready. Mr. Brown says ‘ This is going to be a great change … it puts our faith first,’’ Mr. Brown says of the changing of the leagues. ‘We do play a number these teams in the regular season and playoffs.’’