The student news site of Lumen Christi Catholic School

Titan Times

Titan Times

Titan Times

One Last Ride

An interview with senior captains, Alex Pastoriza and Pierre Gray

Football is a popular sport in America, especially at Lumen Christi. The style of play produced from Lumen football all comes from repetition and consistency. These boys all work very hard. With being on two different sides of the attack, Alex is a great asset to LC’s strong defense. While Pierre dominates on the front seven. It was my pleasure to fit time into my day to speak with two of Lumen’s football senior captains, Alex Pastoriza and Pierre Gray. 

“Earned Not Given”. That is the saying of the season. Alex and Pierre never forget to consistently represent that in every workout, practice or game. To be a Lumen Christi football player it’s not only an honor, but something they know they’ve had to work very hard to even say they are captains this year. They both have a lot of emotions as this is their final season playing high school football. 

When asking these boys questions about themselves, they would reply with answers not about them but the team. They were expressing all of the emotions that came with being a senior on the team, and a captain. They were telling me they remember being a little boy eagerly waiting and wanting to be just like the big guys on the football team. Alex and Pierre had thought those big older guys were some insanely good players, but now they are the big guys. Their motivation is to play for not only the little boys who fell in love with the sport, but for all of those other little boys who can’t wait to be the big guys. Since they know this will be the last season ever played altogether, they want to end on a good note. Lumen Christi football starting 2-0 is just the beginning…..