The student news site of Lumen Christi Catholic School

Titan Times

Titan Times

Titan Times

A Bright Future for Boys Cross Country

Meet the fantastic freshmen

2023 is bright for the boys XC team. Of course we have our veteran runners, but this year we are fueled by our new freshman. Although some of them ran in middle school, they are new to the high school coach, mileage, and the longer race of 5 kilometers. The freshmen on the team include Rocky Bolton, Avery Morrow, Wilson Sheldon, Kai Crosswaite, and Brady Moran. This year has been tough so far, but they have got through it mentally and physically to keep improving. The season is just getting started, and I have no doubt that they will continue to work.

The standout freshmen this year are Rocky, Avery, and Wilson. Rocky and Avery were on varsity for the first meet at Michigan Catholic and did substantially well. Rocky ran a 18:39.9, and close behind was Avery with 18:55.8. These are very good times for their first high school meet. Wilson is arguably the most impressive of these three. He didn’t run in middle school hadn’t at all before this summer. He ran a 21:31 in the JV race and got 18th place. With that time, he earned a varsity opportunity in just his second meet. The success of these freshmen comes mostly from Coach Miller.

They are dedicated to improving themselves and the team in the future. Avery says, “Cross country is really my passion. It’s what I like and want to continue to do.” This mental dedication is what will get you through the sport. They fit into the team well. Rocky says, “I like the team and all the other runners.” The team has chemistry and enjoys being with each other which fuels what is to come. The season started bright, but it will surely get even brighter.