Catholic Schools Week 2022

CSW is right around the corner.

This year Lumen Christi High School will continue its annual Catholic Schools Week celebration beginning Sunday, January 30 through Friday, February 4th. The week will commence with the celebration of Mass on Sunday morning with activities revolving around Lumen Christi’s core values throughout the week.

Monday will have a focus on the core value of being warm and welcoming. The Interfaith Shelter Group will be sponsoring a dress down day. Students may pay $2.00 to wear comfy clothes and for $5.00 students can wear comfy clothes and bring a blanket to class. In addition to this, all students and staff will receive a donut in the morning.

Tuesday will be focused on living faith. Tuesday morning all of Jackson Catholic Schools will be praying a rosary together at 9:00 AM. Parents and families are welcome to come to school and spend time in our chapel with Christ.

Wednesday will focus on promoting teamwork with the celebration of Student Appreciation Day. Students are allowed to dress down in a lumen top and jeans or sweats. No homework will be assigned and all students will be given a frozen treat at lunch. During lunch, students who are planning on continuing their athletic careers in college will be signing for National Signing Day. The day will finish with the boys ruff and tuff volleyball competition.

Thursday has emphasis on developing character with the celebration of Teacher Appreciation Day. Student council will be providing breakfast for faculty and staff and parents will be providing lunch for them as well. At seminar Fr. Gordon Reigle will be speaking.

To wrap up the week on Friday, the core value of Achieving Excellence will be celebrated with Semester 1 Honor Roll recognition for 7th-12th graders. During seminar, boys ruff and tuff volleyball will take place with students vs. teachers. A special Catholic Schools’ Week mass will be celebrated at the end of the day.