Catholic Schools Week Mass

Lumen shows off its warm and welcoming talents, hosting the elementary students from around Jackson.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Catholic Schools Week Mass

Every year during Catholic Schools week, Lumen Christi hosts all of the Jackson-area Catholic elementary schools, grades third through sixth, to a wonderful mass celebration. All of the students here at Lumen Christi wrote personal notes to each child who would be attending mass. The notes were all about being warm and welcoming and letting them know how excited we are to have them here at mass with us. Our main gym was set up with chairs covering the basketball court and students also filling in the bleachers. Fr. Brian held a beautiful mass talking about how we are all one big family and how God wants us to feel welcome to come into His house because as our Heavenly Father, we should feel as at ease in His presence as we do in our earthly homes.

Students from Queens, St. John’s, and St. Mary’s were in attendance and very excited to be there. A student from each school helped take up the gifts. It was really amazing to see the next generation of students that will soon represent Lumen Christi. I love this mass because it feels full of love and family. This mass is one of the only chances for all of the Catholic schools in the area to get together and celebrate the Lord. We do a number of things during this special week, but this is one of the most beautiful things we get to be part of. Fr. Brian always puts on a beautiful mas,s but this one was very special.