Titan Times

Trip of a Lifetime

Anna Doane and her mother will be on a voyage to Germany this week for soccer. Anna got invited to Germany for Rush soccer from her tryouts in Arizona. She was selected from hundreds of girls all over the United States. Only about 20 girls got selected from the tryouts in Arizona for a once in a lifetime trip to Germany. Anna was lucky to be selected and her parents were happy for her. Valerie Doane, a helpful mother, is taking her daughter to Germany. They are both excited for the trip even though the flight is tedious and elongated. Anna is especially excited because it will be the first time she will be showing off her talents overseas. There will be numerous coaches there to help Anna on her quest to play soccer in college. Anna is hoping to play soccer in college, and to accomplish that goal she will need recommendations from different coaches and those coaches can help her improve her skills. She will be staying there for about a week. The teams she will be playing against are from Germany and Austria. This experience is important because learning how different soccer players from different countries play can help her increase her skills. Anna’s team already won the mini tournament and were exhilarated from their first win. Getting that first win under their belt will give them experience and confidence to win the big tournament later in the week. Another girl on Anna’s team is a freshman at Western High School. She is also on Anna’s travel Rush team that goes all around the Midwest to compete with the best teams. The main reason Anna is competing in Germany is to gain experience and confidence in her abilities for the future. This Germany trip will help her build the skills she need for her ultimate goal of playing soccer in college. She is determined and will not let anyone get in her way of achieving her goal, and Germany better watch out for Anna Doane. From her position on defense, she sees all and will try to be the best communicator on her team to give them the best chance at winning over in Germany.