Titan Times

Lumen Christi Wrestling

The Lumen Christi wrestling team is having a great season. The future is bright for the young team which has a great amount of freshman on the team. This year’s captains are senior Drew Savicki, senior Jeremy Bradley, and junior Drake Frederick. The Titans have won nearly four times the amount of meets they had one last year primarily because they have doubled the team size in one year. Last year’s team was plagued with injuries and skin infections that caused a few kids to quit and others were forced to miss some events. However, this year, the young team is young, is having great success. Drew Savicki leads the team with most wins and most pins. He is having an outstanding season. He achieved his 100th career win two weeks ago which is a major accomplishment. The freshmen class has played a huge role in the success of the team. Half of the team is made up of freshman and the rest is a mix of upperclassmen. This year the team has a great chance to take home a district championship. This Thanksgiving, they will be facing off against the winner between East Jackson and Grass Lake. After a disappointing loss to East Jackson last year in the district semifinal, the Titans hope to get a chance for redemption and take home the trophy this year. The team has been working hard all year and are ready for the chance of competing at regionals. Individual wise, the team as a good chance to send at least 5 plus wrestlers to regionals and those wrestlers will have a chance to make it to Ford Field for the individual state tournament. All in all, this young team has a lot of good things going for them and has a chance to accomplish some outstanding achievements.