Titan Times

Lumen Christi Choir goes to Carnegie Hall

https://youtu.be/n2WZWQMozSY

Tears were shed and memories were made when Mr. Marcero made the announcement to his choir on October 25 that they would be performing at Carnegie Hall in New York City. Carnegie Hall is a concert venue that is located in Midtown Manhattan.  This hall is one of the most prestigious venues in the world for classical and popular music. Performing at the Carnegie Hall is a dream of many excellent musicians.  Few get to fulfill this dream, so Lumen’s choir is extremely fortunate.

Lumen’s choir received this extraordinary opportunity when they performed at a concert in Chicago last April.  The first invitation they received had to do with performing with other choirs in a large group under the direction of Rollo Dilworth, a professor at Temple University. However, they were given a further opportunity when Mr.  Marcero was asked to submit a video to see if they could be the featured group at the concert at Carnegie Hall. Their video was selected, meaning that the Lumen Christi choir will perform at Carnegie Hall for fifteen minutes alone as the featured choir, as well as performing with other choirs in a large group.

The Lumen Christi choir is a group of very diligent, intelligent, and hard-working students. These students practice hours every week to perfect their vocal skills.  They must memorize lyrics, different techniques, and more.  The group prepares for every concert that they will perform at to ensure that the piece they perform sounds its best.  Hours and hours of hard-work go into a song that might only be five-minutes long.  The students involved in the Lumen Christi choir will work extremely hard while they prepare for and look forward to their trip to New York City and performance at Carnegie Hall.