The student news site of Lumen Christi Catholic School

Titan Times

Lumen Christi vs. West Catholic

Last week, on August 25, 2017, our Lumen Christi football team faced one of our biggest opponents, Grand Rapids West Catholic. We had a perfect crowd and a fired-up student section, led by senior Shannon Daly. After running back Sebastian Toland made the first touchdown, one could feel, hear, and see the excitement amongst the Lumen crowd. As the clock wound down in the final quarter, the last two seconds were the most exciting, yet nerve-wracking seconds throughout the entire game.When the timer ran out, we could finally feel the rush of joy and victory throughout each and every LC fan. The final score was 27-24. Our student section really showed the team how proud and excited we were. A big shout-out goes to all of our coaches who helped get the guys ready and fired up for the season. An even bigger respect goes out to our players who have put in so much hard work and effort this summer. This includes five-hour practices in the heat, early morning lifts, and conditionings. Their team bonding, which includes mass every Tuesday, team dinners, and “goosebumps” at Luke Stanton’s house, goes into creating a strong bond and brotherhood on and off the field. We are all so very excited to see our team hopefully bring home many victories this season, and a 10th Football State Championship. The best of luck and prayers go out to the guys who power through every practice and game, victory or loss,  this season. May the Lord protect you, keep you healthy, and bring you many victories.