The student news site of Lumen Christi Catholic School
Filed under Features

The Life of Paula Fries

Saturday the 28th of November, Paula Fries, a loving daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend, passed away in her home.  Mrs. Fries taught at Lumen Christi for three years, impacting many students while teaching Sociology, Psychology, and Publications.  Throughout her life, Mrs Fries demonstrated what it took to truly love.

“Paula was a beautiful soul. I am so honored that God put her in my life. Thank you, Paula, for your beautiful life and your example of courage, love, and faith.”

— Lucas Reynolds

Mrs. Fries was devoted to her faith.  As an active member of the Catholic community, Mrs. Fries had a support system within the Church, specifically Queens of the Miraculous Medal Parish.  Her positive outlook on life helped her through her four-year battle with cancer.

“Her response was always yes. Her first question was always ‘What can I do to help?’”

— Father Daniel Lannen

The death of Mrs. Fries is a tragedy; however, it is also peaceful. Mrs. Fries relapsed over the summer of 2015 and throughout November her health deteriorated.  The family of Mrs. Fries takes comfort knowing that she is no longer suffering, and she is in heaven with her Savior looking down on her four beautiful children: Mary Grace, Tessa, Kate, and Cara.

“Mrs. Fries was very inspirational with her deep faith. And her devotion not only to her faith but to her family.”

— Melissa Nowinski

The Fries family is regarded as one of the most nurturing families in Jackson. There is no question the four girls got their compassion from their mother.  From all natural toothpaste to the most delicious homemade peanut butter, Paula made sure her children received the best, most organic food possible.

“You can see all the positiveness with her in how her children live her life.”

— Mr. Neville

All of her children were brought up in the most welcoming and loving attitude in an environment of love and support.  Mrs. Fries’s influence on her children was evident at the funeral when all four girls participated in the mass with a smile. Paula also had an extreme love for life.  She tried to find common ground with everyone she talked to. 

“She was one of those people I looked for for positive energy. I could count on her to be on my side and support me with anything I tried to do.”

— Justin Marcero

Continuing her positive outlook even after she died, she wished for no one to wear black to her funeral.  One could almost always see Mrs. Fries wearing her token “life is good” hat.  Paula accepted each day with a smile and embraced the misfortunes that were dealt to her.  As stated by her brother in law at the funeral, Paula had a beautiful sense of humor with which she handled her cancer.  Anyone can see that Mrs. Paula Costantini Fries lived her life to its fullest.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The Life of Paula Fries”

1. Madame Higgins on February 4th, 2016 9:02 pm

This is a beautiful tribute to my Dear Friend. Thank you for doing this Fran

[Reply]

2. Paula Vann on February 5th, 2016 2:01 pm

My life was enriched and blessed to have had Paula as a friend.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Life of Paula Fries